Inferno Club Programming – Additional programming for those wanting to compete or take it up a notch.
Starting tomorrow, November 1st, we are going to be adding another layer of programming to the mix.
This won’t change anything as far as classes go. We are still going to have Olympic Lifting, Endurance, and Gymnastics specialty classes, and then almost 50 CrossFit classes each week where we focus on all three.
The beauty of CrossFit, and fitness for that matter, is that there is always room to get better. Look at CrossFit Legend, Rich Froning for example. After 4 Games Titles, a ton of endorsements, and a lifetime contract with Reebok, nobody would have blamed him if he retired young and enjoyed his fame. Instead, he decided to elevate his game, and put together a team who would go on to win the CrossFit Games Affiliate Cup. TWICE!
Now, we completely understand that for the most part, the members of our community want to be in great shape, have fun, and look and feel their best, and we love that!
This programming is designed for both athletes who have ambitions of competing and for those who want to take it up a notch and be the best they can be.
Here’s how it works:
- This programming is designed to be done IN ADDITION TO class. Class is essential to becoming a well-rounded athlete. Even if you are doing everything we are doing on your own, there are several elements you are missing. Competition, coaching, and comradery are just a few.
- We’ve all had a Coach tell us something like “get lower” when we thought we were going low enough. Or, you see that person start their next round and pick up the intensity to catch up to them. The best is when you hit that big lift or PR a workout, the congratulations you get when you tell people about it later is nowhere near the energy and excitement as when they see it in person. And finally, the only high-fives you get when you work out alone are in the burpees.
- The programming will be available in Beyond the Whiteboard, and starting next week, we will post the workouts on the main site (in the blog) along with the class programming.
- Open Gym rules will still apply. That means there is no Open Gym during the times there are 2 classes going on at once. Depending on the work that needs to get done, you may go outside if you aren’t in the way of the other classes.
- There is always a method to the madness, so if you are picking and choosing your way through this, you are probably missing key components that you may need to reach your goals. If you aren’t sure, be sure to talk Tiff or Skip (that’s me! 😊) to figure out the best course of action.
- Finally, Tiff and Skip will be here every Tuesday between 10am and 12pm to Coach, answer questions, set goals, and make sure you are getting the most out of this additional work.
Remember, big goals are going to require discipline and sacrifice. If you have a 9-5 job, you may need to get up early or stay late a couple times a week to get everything in. This is a GOOD thing. Switching up the time you work out is a variable that will help make you better.
Have fun with this guys! Hit it hard, and be sure to ask Tiff or Skip if you have any questions. We are building a world class fitness facility and we are always going to make sure you get the very best from us.